Are you looking for a job that boosts your creativity? Do you want to breathe life into a holistic universe? Are you up for a challenge?
As a Mechanical Designer at Mindark you are a member of a friendly, skilled, cross-functional team that manages itself and is responsible for populating our vast Sci-fi MMORPG Entropia Universe. You will be part of creating an amazing experience, evolve as a designer and bring delight to our ever-expanding worldwide player base.
This is Mindark
We are an agile organization that cares about its people and is serious about work and play. Work-life balance is essential to us! We offer a competitive salary with good benefits and encourage learning and staying healthy.
We enjoy our openness, flexible work schedules, exploration days, expansive industry knowledge and respect for individual lifestyles. We also love dogs and some people bring their dogs to the office.
On a typical day you
- Are an active part of a cross-functional team, collaborating daily with all parts of the organization. We work together!
- Work at the office and remotely when you need to
- Share what you know and learn what you don’t
- Are proactive and get things done (We don’t micromanage)
- Fail fast and learn from the experience
- Have fun with your colleagues!
As a Mechanical Designer at Mindark you will be
- Helping create and design NPCs, creatures and features
- Communicating and collaborating with different disciplines
- Scripting behaviours and in-game mechanics using blueprints
- Working in short iterations, getting feedback continuously
- Understanding the vision, feeling and direction of the game and conveying it in your work
- Visual scripting in Unreal Engine (extra plus if you have used UE5)
- Experience taking features from design to released product
- Having done mechanical design for enemies
- Working in an agile environment
- Spoken and written English
If you are experienced in any of these areas, great!
We’d love to hear from you!