Are you looking for a job that boosts your creativity? Do you want to make people lose themselves in the worlds you create? Are you up for a challenge?
Working with Level Design at Mindark you are a member of a passionate, skilled, cross-functional team and is responsible for developing our vast MMORPG Entropia Universe. You will be part of creating an amazing experience, evolve as a designer and bring delight to our ever-expanding worldwide player base.
This is Mindark
We are an agile organization that cares about its people and is serious about work and play. Work-life balance is essential to us! We offer a competitive salary, encourage learning, health and amazing benefits.
We enjoy our openness, flexible work schedules, exploration days, expansive industry knowledge and respect for individual lifestyles. We also love dogs and many people bring their dogs to the office.
On a typical day you
- Are an active part of a cross-functional team, collaborating daily with all parts of the organization. We work together!
- Work at the office and remotely when you need to
- Share what you know and learn what you don’t
- Are proactive and get things done (We don’t micromanage)
- Fail fast and learn from the experience
- Have fun with your colleagues!
As a Level Designer at Mindark you will be
- Taking a level from blockout to final
- Implementing and managing navmesh, scripting alongside game design
- Actively participating in game design and making our universe an immersive experience
- Mentoring junior Level Designers (for senior applicants)
- Having worked as a Level Designer on at least one other title
- Suggesting creative ideas for game environments
- Creating unique game experiences and map flows through iteration and prototyping
- Constructing game environments within gameplay constraints
- Blender, 3DSMax or Maya
- Photoshop or similar programs
- Scene management
- Experience designing open worlds
- Ability to process and give constructive feedback
- Experience with at least one next gen game engine, preferably Unreal Engine
- Working in an agile environment
- Love for and knowledge about MMORPG’s
- Spoken and written English
If you are experienced in any of these areas, great!
We’d love to hear from you!