MindArk is the developer of Entropia Universe, the leading real-cash economy MMO platform. A secure entertainment and e-business platform that has been online for over 15 years, Entropia Universe enables partners all over the world to build unique planets, all connected within a seamless universe that users can explore. We aim high! Would you like to join us?
Entropia Universe is a large online universe hosting a multitude of planets created by our Planet Partners. Each planet has its own theme and vision but it is the Entropia Platform that delivers the tools and functionality to create and host them. You will be an important part of the team that develops Entropia Universe. Your job will be to implement new features in close cooperation with the designers, further develop the tools to enable content developers to produce exciting and rich content for end users. Development is done using Visual Studio and Scrum.
We are looking for a talented and motivated C++ programmer with a passion for games, who wants to take on the challenge of creating a massive multiplayer online platform with cutting-edge technology. The position of Senior Software Developer entails both a responsibility and an opportunity to further develop our team at MindArk where your technical and managerial skillset are all of importance. The Senior Software Developer is required to from time to time plan, organize, follow-up and evaluate work in order to make sure that it is compliant with production objectives in both time and quality. Finding creative solutions on both team and production levels is a necessity.
- Work closely with other parts of the production to make sure that plans and timeframes align with business and project needs
- Being part of scheduling projects and planning foresight relevant to the team
- Maintains close communication with the programming team as well as other parts of production to ensure that tasks are aligned with the set project objectives.
- Reviewing and provide feedback to the team’s work in a constructive manner as well as encouraging creativity and participation from all team members
- Efficient communication and work relationship with different part of the organisation including your direct manager, leads and other departments to ensure an excellent project quality
- Push for continuous improvement of work methods and pipeline
- Setting high but reachable targets for yourself and other team members to always strive for better
- Share knowledge and recommend best practices in relevant fields
- General guiding and mentoring of the team
- Excellent programming skills in C++/11/14 with 5+ years in a similar position
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- Strong SW architecture background
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of STL and boost libraries
- Strong English communication and writing skills
- Be proactive able to self-motivate and keep a positive team-oriented attitude
- Experience from architecture, design and optimization of Database systems, i.e. SQL and NoSQL - DB2, MySQL, and MongoDB
- Network programming
- Gaming industry experience
- Python and C#
We are looking for individuals that set high targets, take initiative and assume responsibility. We can offer a fun, inspiring and creative environment, a personal challenge and an opportunity for you to see your own ideas deployed in a dynamic and ever-changing online universe.
Our main office is located at Järntorget in Göteborg. For more information about MindArk, have a look at www.mindark.com or www.entropiauniverse.com
Please email your application (cover letter and CV) to email@example.com with "C++ Programmer" as subject. If you have any questions contact , firstname.lastname@example.org, +46-725-268101.