Are you looking for a job that boosts your creativity? Do you want to amaze people with your immersive scenery and make our vision a reality? Are you up for a challenge?
As an artist at Mindark you are a member of a passionate, skilled, cross-functional team that manages itself and is responsible for developing our vast Sci-fi MMORPG Entropia Universe. You will be part of creating an amazing experience, evolve as an artist and bring delight to our ever-expanding worldwide player base.
This is Mindark
We are an agile organization that cares about its people and is serious about work and play. Work-life balance is essential to us! We offer a competitive salary, encourage learning, health and amazing benefits.
We enjoy our openness, flexible work schedules, exploration days, expansive industry knowledge and respect for individual lifestyles. We also love dogs and many people bring their dogs to the office.
On a typical day you
- Are an active part of a cross-functional team, collaborating daily with all parts of the organization. We work together!
- Work at the office and remotely when you need to
- Share what you know and learn what you don’t
- Are proactive and get things done (We don’t micromanage)
- Fail fast and learn from the experience
- Have fun with your colleagues!
As an Environmental Artist at Mindark you will be
- Helping make our universe an immersive experience
- Creating backgrounds, layouts and environments within the game
- Designing and sculpting the 3D backdrop in which characters, vehicles, weapons, objects, etc operate and interact
- Working closely with Level Designers and Animators to find the best design
Examples of valuable skills
- Solid 3D modelling and texturing knowledge
- Understanding of landscapes and composition
- Applying visual gameplay intentions
- Experience in 3DSMax, Blender, ZBrush
- Experience in Substance Painter/Designer, Photoshop
- Experience with at least one next gen game engine, preferably Unreal Engine
- Understanding of procedurally generated worlds
- Working in an agile environment
- Spoken and written English
If you are experienced in any of these areas, great!
We’d love to hear from you!